Monday, January 13, 2014
The Other Half
A few weeks ago, I went with a friend to Abdoun, an exclusive area of Amman. As we pulled up in front of the house of another friend, I looked up to see a Porsche parked in front of the neighbor's house. Not surprisingly, the license plate identified the car as being from Kuwait.
It is not unusual to see cars from other Middle Eastern countries, like Kuwait, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and the UAE. Some of the people from these countries have cash to spare and then some. I have been told that they vacation in Jordan because of its mild climate. In the middle of the summer, the weather certainly does not seem mild to me, but I guess it is nice compared to the extremely high temperatures some other Middle Eastern countries endure.
A Porsche in Jordan seems a little out of place, so much so that I could not resist getting a picture of it. Now, if I could just spot one here in Husun, where we live... That would really be something!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment