Monday, January 27, 2014

Chili's

 

Occasionally, I want some American food. Mostly, I crave salads. Big green, leafy salads. We were in Amman last week and we went to Chili's for a salad, which we shared and enjoyed immensely. We also shared the Southwestern eggrolls, which tasted exactly like they do in the States. It almost felt like we were in America, except for the Arabic being spoken. Then, I looked around at the decorations. On the wall was a picture of a flag from Saudi Arabia. It is green with white Arabic script (pictured above). Then, I looked at an apron that had been signed by the people who worked at the store before it first opened in 2009. A team from the U.S. must have come over to help open the store because their names were beside names from Jordan, Egypt, Lebanon, Qatar, and Dubai. Kind of cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment