Friday, November 1, 2013

Mosquitoes

I never would have thought mosquitoes would be a problem here in Jordan. After all, this is not a rain forest; it is as dry as can be! But we are becoming acquainted with these mosquitoes who like to buzz around our heads at night, prompting us to get up, turn on the lights, and search for the little annoyances. It makes for quite interesting nights, as we bang on the wall as quietly as possible, bringing the mosquitoes' lives to a sudden end. Even now, as I write this at 5:30 in the morning, a mosquito is buzzing in front of my computer screen. 

What was I thinking? I should have packed a mosquito net to wear at night! (What a sight that would be!) 

Hopefully, when we move to Husn next week, these Jebel Amman mosquitoes won't have cousins living up in Husn. We shall see. We might have to send for those mosquito nets...

No comments:

Post a Comment