Monday, July 2, 2012

Miracle Baby


Last night, we again ministered to the church in Bloomington, Minnesota. I was able to spend a little time talking to one of the couples I mentioned in the last blog entry. I got a few more details about their beautiful miracle baby.

Gideon and Heather Slabaugh had been married for about 2-1/2 years. They had been unable to have a baby and had been considering adoption. They are a wonderful couple with big hearts.

For several weeks, however, Heather had been telling people, "I'm going to have a baby." The Lord put faith in her heart and she began vocalizing her faith. During this time when Heather was believing God for a child, we were ministering at the Bloomington church. it was June 26, 2011 and Pastor Andrews felt led to have an old-fashioned prayer line. Heather was prayed for that evening.

Acting upon the faith God had given her, she cancelled the obstetrician appointment she had scheduled for Monday. The appointment had been in place to begin fertility testing. She chose to trust God for her answer. Within a month, she was pregnant.  

Now, a little over a year since the prayer of faith was prayed on their behalf, Gideon and Heather are now the happy parents of healthy Lydia Mae...their sweet little miracle!!

No comments:

Post a Comment