The other day, as
I was sorting through some notes in preparation for future writing projects, I
came across a few of Pastor Urshan's quotes that I had jotted down through the
years. Now that he is gone from this life, and I know that I will never again be
able glean from his preaching and teaching, the notes I have taken are like gold to me. Take a
few minutes to savor the following statements, samples of his godly wisdom!
We do not need self esteem;
we need to discover God’s love for us.
we need to discover God’s love for us.
When we gain
understanding of God’s holiness,
we understand His love.
we understand His love.
He was rejected;
we want to be respected.
He was radical;
we want to be regarded as reasonable.
He was put out;
we want to be taken in.
Self deception is
the universal blindness of mankind today.
Sin living in an
individual makes that individual a wreck.
Love is no longer
love if it does not rebuke sin.
We need to be
careful to avoid grumbling and complaining when we are around sinners.
Our woundedness
restricts our openness.
Unless we learn to properly handle setbacks and
disappointments, we can become bitter.
We create the
ground to allow our circumstances to affect us.
Disappointments and heartache cannot cling to us when
we sincerely praise God.
God has to come
first. The secret to a rewarding life is to commit your desires to God and let
Him fulfill them in your life. All the unfulfilled areas of your life, God will
fulfill in His time.
No comments:
Post a Comment