(Better known to me as “Mom”)
Charles Dickens said, “Have a heart that never hardens, and a
temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts.”
My theme is about a heart that never hardens. “The meek
shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the LORD that seek him: your
heart shall live for ever” (Psalm 22:26).
“…your heart shall live for ever.” “In Biblical language the
heart is the center of the human spirit, from which spring emotions, thoughts,
motivations, courage and actions” (Archaeology Study Bible, page 780). It isn’t
my fleshly heart that will live forever. It is my human spirit that will live
forever. Therefore, I should be careful what springs from my heart.
I love the springs that Missouri is blessed with. I love to
watch the cool, clear water spring forth and begin to flow over the rocks. It
would not be as delightful if the water was murky or muddy.
Therefore, as my emotions spring from my spirit, I want them
to be pleasant, my thoughts to be clear, my motives to be right, my courage
contagious, my actions to always be in God’s plan for me.
And if all of that happens I will have a heart that never
hardens as I live forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment