Sunday, January 18, 2015

Light in the Night

When overwhelmed by life’s circumstances, we see only darkness and hopelessness. But light is always more powerful than darkness. If we will stay focused on the Light, we will never lose our hope and faith in God.

Even when our circumstances are dark, Jesus is still the Light. He said, “I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life (John 8:12).

When it seems the majority of the world can't discern between truth and fiction, we have Light to guide our way. No matter how dark life may get, we do not have to walk in darkness.

The Psalmist wrote, “If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me. Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.”

This sounds like an optimistic, faith-filled conclusion! God is not intimidated by darkness.

Micah victoriously proclaimed, “Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me" (Micah 7:8). V. Raymond Edman wrote, “Never doubt in the dark what God told you in the light.”

When darkness threatens to engulf you, cling to the Word of God. God’s Word “is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path” (Psalm 119:105). Jesus is the Word and He is the Light (John 1:1; 8:12).

What more do we need?!

No comments:

Post a Comment