Julie
Westad in Alexandria, Minnesota gave me this recipe, which she found in Hallelujah!
Simple Weekly Meal Plans – Book 1 by Marilyn Polk.
When
Bill and I were putting together Cooking with Wisdom, I realized
that most recipes are spinoffs of other recipes. In the world of cooking,
little is original! I guess that is what makes cooking and baking so fun; we
can each put our personal signature on even the most common recipes.
So
I am posting the original recipe by Marilyn Polk (which she in turn credits to
Valda Christensen) and my own version. You can now create your own
signature version of raw fudge!
Personally,
I think this recipe is misnamed. I do not like fudge, but I love these squares
of nutty goodness! And do not be scared to use carob in this recipes; this is
one of the times when it really does taste like chocolate.
VALDA'S RAW FUDGE
1/4 cup raw sesame seeds
1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
1 cup old fashioned oats
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup chopped pecans
Grind in your food processor then add:
1/2 cup carob powder
2/3 cup raw honey or pure maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Mix well and pat in an 8-inch pan that has been sprayed with olive oil. Refrigerate until firm; then cut into squares.
SYLVIA’S
RAW FUDGE
Grind
together in a food processor:
1/4
cup flaxseeds
1/4
cup raw sunflower seeds
1/2
cup raw, unsalted peanuts
1/2
cup raw almonds
1
cup chopped walnuts
1
cup old fashioned rolled oats
Add
the following and process until well mixed:
1/2
tsp vanilla
2
T orange juice
1/2
cup raw honey
1/2
cup carob powder
Pat
firmly into lightly oiled 8x8” pan. Refrigerate until firm; then cut into
squares.
No comments:
Post a Comment