Mark and Crista are renting a daycare as a place to have services. This was another first for Bill. A month or so ago, Bill preached in a library. This time, he got to preach in a daycare! Crista is amazing on the keyboard. As she played some Latino-style songs, I wondered how her hands could move so fast.
So Crista could play bi-lingual songs during the time of prayer after the preaching, I stayed in her Sunday school class. What a challenge. She is the only Sunday school teacher and the students range in age from approximately three to thirteen. I told them the story of David and Goliath, using a stone Bill selected from the Valley of Elah. They thought that was cool. The other stories weren’t quite as attentively heard, perhaps because I was running out of steam trying to keep their attention!
We went to the Garza’s home that afternoon, this time for their son’s birthday. Finally, night was upon us and we knew that we had only two days to cover over 1,000 miles, so we said our goodbyes to the Garzas. It was great to see them. They are deserving of the title “Christian.”
No comments:
Post a Comment