Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Greens



This week, we are doing a three-day juice fast. We are taking most of our recipes from Victoria Boutenko's Green Smoothie Revolution. In the past, most of our juicing has been carrot-based. This week we are emphasizing greens: kale, spinach, Romaine lettuce, etc. Yesterday, we drove to Raleigh's farmers market and Whole Foods to get our produce. This is day two and things are going great. Bill made a version of V8, which he likes. I don't like tomato-based juices, so I did not try it. The Simpsons have joined us on the juice fast, and they are enjoying it also. It is a lot of work and takes time to cut up the fruit and veggies, make the juice, then clean up the kitchen, but it is worth the effort. In the next couple of days, I plan to make coconut water, something I have never done before.

No comments:

Post a Comment