Friday, June 17, 2011

Our HitchHiker

For those of you who missed reading previous blogs, our HitchHiker is our new-used RV. More precisely, it is a 2005 NuWa HitchHiker II LS. It is a 33-foot long 5th wheel. Here are some pics:


I took this picture the day we assumed ownership of our HitchHiker from Camping World in Churchville, New York.


The Kitchen


The Living/Dining Room


The Bedroom


The Bathroom

For us, our RV is not a recreational vehicle; it is our home. Although maintaining an RV is a lot of work, especially since we live in it full-time, it gives us a measure of stability in the middle of a very unpredictable lifestyle. It is like a mobile mooring. Our life could be described as nomadic, but at least we can sleep in the same bed every night, as opposed to moving in and out of hotels, homes, and evangelists' quarters. And when we want a snack, the fridge is only a few feet away; that is enormously preferred to relying on restaurants day after day, which is mostly what we have to do when we stay in hotels.

Our RV is our little refuge. Many people take their homes for granted, but I don't. Little things - like being able to bake a batch of muffins whenever I want or brushing my teeth in my own bathroom - are invaluable to me. It doesn't take much to make me happy, but I guess I am like most women: we all like the security of having our own cozy little nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment