Saturday, June 27, 2015

Gray

On June 26th, the Supreme Court legalized gay marriage. Now, more than ever before, anyone who speaks against gay marriage will be labeled by some as a right-wing radical, intolerant and judgmental. Watch…before long, politicians, ministers, and others with a public voice will come under fire and be accused of hate crimes when they advocate traditional marriage. Religious institutions, churches, and businesses that take a stand for the biblical definition of marriage – one man and one woman – will be considered bigoted and discriminatory.

Some time back, I was a little surprised to notice that Wal-Mart chose to stock Fifty Shades of Grey, a book that I think should not be within reach of adults, let alone children. By the way, I did not read the book, only reviews of it. All Christians should leave it alone. I am quite certain Jesus would not approve of its content.

Apparently, life for some is no longer a choice of black and white, or even black, white, and gray, but now gray has many shades. Right and wrong are considered subjective and can be determined by each person as he or she so chooses.

But for those of us who base our lives upon the Bible, some things are non-negotiable, regardless of what our culture decides to do. The Bible never advocates the gray zone as an acceptable place to live, let alone fifty shades of the shadowy color.

No comments:

Post a Comment