Thursday, May 2, 2013

Red River Revival

The Red River separates Moorhead, Minnesota from Fargo, North Dakota. We spent the last two weeks there, ministering at the church in Moorhead the first week and the church in Fargo the second. 

In Moorhead, three people received the baptism of the Holy Ghost and one man was baptized in Jesus' name. Two of the people who received the Holy Ghost were Vietnam veterans. 

Gerald and Corliss Nielsen pastor the church in Moorhead. I cannot say enough good about them. They are kind and humble people. They spent three terms, I think, as missionaries to Norway and Sweden. I agree with Brother Nielsen that his wife's vegetable-beef soup is the best ever.

There is a man in the Moorhead church, Peter, who was one of Sudan's Lost Boys. (See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lost_Boys.) When, after many years, he was able to call his mother, she could not believe it was really him. She thought for sure that he had never made it to safety. It is really an amazing story. Les, a man in the Moorhead church had been reading about the Lost Boys of Sudan. He prayed and told the Lord that he wanted to win one of them. Soon, the Lord brought one to his workplace and Peter is now living for the Lord!



At Changing Lives Tabernacle in West Fargo, two young people received the Holy Ghost and Pastor Miller baptized three people in Jesus' name. Jordan, who received the Holy Ghost and was baptized in Jesus' name, came up out of the water and said, "I've been reborn!"




Sunday and Monday nights, a group of about 40 Burundis came to the services. Yotum translated Bill's message from English to Kirundi using a Swahili Bible. Now that is some skill, don't you think? Most of us are doing good to master one language - English - and many of these Africans speak four or five languages and/or dialects. 





I thought I would include a photo of an April snow pile that I saw outside a Walmart in West Fargo. I wonder if it will be melted by the Fourth of July?!

No comments:

Post a Comment