In December 2009, Jamin Anne started having jaw pain, especially when she was singing. She thought the pain was from her wisdom teeth, so she went to an oral surgeon for x-rays and a consultation. But there was no problem with her wisdom teeth.
After further testing, she was told that she had TMJ. Five doctors told her that she should stop singing, that singing would only make the TMJ worse. She would tell them, “You don’t understand. Singing is my life!”
There are a lot of people in the world that can sing well, but Jamin loves God and sings only for Him. She is a teenager that has made up in her mind that she wants to serve God for the rest of her life. She has a beautiful music ministry. She sings from her heart and her pure worship helps others feel the presence of the Lord. So, despite the pain, she kept singing.
In November 2010, we visited Jamin’s church. Brother Ferrin prayed for her and encouraged her to trust in God for her healing. Jamin put her faith in God and believed in the prayer that was prayed for her.
Within a couple of days, Jamin was completely healed of TMJ and all the pain associated with it. Later, in an email she wrote to us, she said, “God has completely and miraculously truly healed me and I have not had ANY PAIN or problems with my jaw.”
In July 2011, we visited Jamin’s church again. She sang and sang…without pain. God is expanding her ministry and giving her other opportunities to use her talent for Him. We rejoice with Jamin, not for her healing alone, but because the healing gave her a very personal testimony. And she isn’t keeping it to herself. She wrote, “I have used this testimony many times and will never stop sharing this testimony. I see it touch so many other people when I tell it, but I KNOW it always touches me the most.”
Jamin’s testimony is a medically documented witness that God is still interested in ministering to the needs of the people He created. He is powerful and mighty and His ability is not diminished by our humanity.
In a humanistic world of skepticism and analytical intellectualism, Jamin's testimony is as refreshing as it is undeniable. It brings to mind the account of Jesus healing a blind man (John 9). When the onlookers questioned the formerly blind man about his healing, they were unsatisfied with his explanation. In their desire to discount Jesus, they refused to accept that Jesus had done something the best physician on the planet could not do. When the man could not satisfy their doubt, he simply said, "One thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see!"
No comments:
Post a Comment