Bobbi Willhoite invited me to take part in a ladies conference here in Maine. So last Thursday through Saturday, I found myself enjoying one of the most cohesive series of meetings I have ever attended. No one compared notes beforehand and there was no set theme, yet each lesson and message was perfectly woven together to form a single thought. That thought was self-denial and sacrifice, with the goal of entering into deeper relationship with Jesus. I entitled my lesson “The One Thing God Can’t Resist.” Curious? The one thing God can’t resist is something rarely found today: humility. Throughout the conference, the same Scriptures, even identical phrases were used, as God invited us to abandon our own ways and seek Him instead.
Just today Bill told me that Sophia Ferguson, who lives in the Bahamas, called my mother-in-law a few days ago. She told her that she had been praying for me. Also, Louise Bonney from Bloomington, Indiana, left a voice mail message for us. She too had been praying. Neither lady knew that I was involved in this conference, but the Lord laid me on their hearts and they prayed for me. It is so true that none of us are islands. Any good that is done in our lives is a joint effort by many people holding up our hands. We, in turn, desire to hold up others' hands as they minister, for we are all working together to accomplish the same purpose in the Kingdom.
.
No comments:
Post a Comment