Monday, June 15, 2026

Profiting from the Word - Henry Foster

As I was sorting through my mother's many notes and journals, I came across this quote she had handwritten. I have no idea who Henry Foster was or where she acquired the quote, but I think it is good advice.

"Use every opportunity that you have to study the Word. Learn it, so that when you are about your business or other interest, a text will come into your mind. When the heart is thus open before God the Holy Spirit will reveal to you just what is needful for you. If we simply read the Bible and do not think of it again, it gives us no profit, but if we carry it in our hearts we shall profit by the gifts of the Holy Spirit as day by day He unfolds the truth to us."


No comments:

Post a Comment