Sometimes, it seems as though my life is one delay after another. This time, one of our RV slide outs, which Bill has been working on for about two weeks, has another issue. The RAM. Don't ask me what that is. All I know is that it is the long metal contraption that allows the slide out to...drum roll please...slide in and out. We'd planned to leave here Monday, but now we have been delayed...again.
I love schedules. And organization. And order.
I do not like being on hold. I do not like plan changes. I like to know what is going on in advance. A year or two would be good.
However, ever since I decided to not control my own life, but leave that to God, it seems like I am always waiting. And being delayed. And wondering what town I will live in next week. And the week after.
The consolation comes from a track record of watching God delay us for reasons. Imagine that. God puts us in the right place at the right time with the right people, like Pastor Bobby Clark who is a master mechanic and is giving Bill pointers to get the slide fixed.
Once, on our way to St. Louis, the cap on the RV began to come apart from the RV itself. What we did not know was that a weld had broken. We took it to the RV dealer in St. Louis where we purchased it and the tech guys asked if it had been brought in on a flat bed trailer. When Bill said that he had towed it in with our truck, they were amazed. They said it was so bad that it could have come apart on the highway, possibly killing us and others, and doing devastating damage to the unit at the very least. Good thing we were where God wanted us to be. The RV dealer contacted the manufacturer and they paid the bill. If we would have been in the wild blue yonder, thousands of miles away from where we bought the RV, that probably would not have happened. In fact, if we'd been on a long trek, it probably would have come apart on the road without warning.
In that case, we were not necessarily delayed, just exactly where God wanted us to be. I could write an entire book about such cases. So, here we are again. Waiting. Delayed. A little frustrating? Sure. I'm human, after all. But is it okay? Absolutely.
No comments:
Post a Comment