A few weeks ago, Bill and I ate at a Thai restaurant, one of his favorite types of cuisine. The "fortune" in my fortune cookie was - for once - on the money. I stuffed it in my purse and the other day as I was cleaning my purse, I came across it: "You are one of the people who goes places in life."
I suppose this could be applied figuratively or literally. For me, it certainly applies literally; I hope it applies figuratively as well...in a positive way.
I suppose everyone wants their lives to count for something. After all, who wants to live just to breathe air? We are geared to achieve, accomplish, discover. It is this innate drive within us all that propels people to invent, to learn, to scale high mountains.
At the end of my journey - whether that date is tomorrow or decades from now - I want the satisfaction of knowing that my life was worthwhile. Although there is always more to do and learn, I am happy with the results so far. The only thing I really want out of life is to please God and follow Him, no matter what path He chooses to take.
At the end of the line, all that will really matter is that I did not get distracted, discouraged. I kept my eyes on Him to the very end. Then, I will truly be able to say, "I went somewhere. God - not me - made my life worthwhile."
No comments:
Post a Comment