Two Sundays ago, we were in coastal Wilmington, NC with Pastor and Sister Morris. Sunday morning, we had a service at the "big" church. Bill preached/taught about baptism in Jesus' name. God has really gifted him to be able to explain the oneness of God and baptism in Jesus name in a simple way that makes it come alive to a lot of people. One lady, as she was listening to the preaching, leaned over to her husband and said, "I have been baptized, but I have never been baptized the way he is talking about." After her baptism, she was beaming and told me she could tell the difference! I think two people received the Holy Ghost in that service; I can't remember for sure. (I was playing the keyboard during the altar service.)
In the late afternoon, we traveled to Burgaw, a lovely small town inland. About six years ago, the Morrises started the church there. It was an old blueberry packing plant, then a warehouse. They had to do a lot of work on it. I love the sanctuary area. The ducting is exposed and they painted the entire ceiling black. I like the cozy, slightly eclectic feel to the room. But, just as in the morning service, I liked the presence of the Lord a lot better! These people know how to worship from the heart and the result is God responding in a powerful way.
In that afternoon service, one person was filled with the Holy Ghost. Plus, during the service a lady who was deaf in one ear realized that she could hear out of BOTH ears!!!!! God has not changed. He is still the same as He was during the days of the New Testament church.
No comments:
Post a Comment