Hyannis, Massachusetts, then...Morrill, Machias, and Norway, Maine. Our brief time in New England - though not yet over - has been productive. A highlight was Sam, an 84-year-old man who received the Holy Ghost. I was so excited for him. Sam first came to the Morrill church with a couple he met in A.A. Over the last few years, we have enjoyed getting to know Sam during our visits.
Sam gave me one of the highest compliments I have ever received. He told me that he reads my book Food for Thought regularly. He has lost about 30 pounds by following some of the principles in the book. That alone is encouraging and speaks highly of Sam and his discipline.
But what I most appreciated is that he gleaned an important concept from the book, and that concept was in my bio on the back of the book, something that most people probably overlook! Speaking of myself (in case you don't know, authors write their own bios), I wrote, "Her greatest desire is that her life be pleasing to God." That statement spoke to Sam and he realized that he wanted pleasing God to be his greatest desire also. Really, aside from all the peripherals, pleasing God is the only life mission that is truly fulfilling. Sam understands what most people never come close to comprehending. I'm thrilled that someone grasped that idea...from the back cover of a book about health and nutrition!
No comments:
Post a Comment