This is an essay I wrote March 2011. It is personal reflections of some important biblical concepts. When I wrote the essay, God was “speaking” to me about personal issues of my own heart. I am so grateful that He speaks to His children. I decided to publish this essay here, with the hope that it will be a blessing to someone else as well.
I am not the center of things. I am a small part of something much bigger and grander than myself. I am a part of a team, a family, an army, a kingdom.
I am not at the top of the pyramid and I do not make the rules. The rules have already been formulated; I do not have to reformulate them, alter them, or deviate from them in any way. They are perfect as they are, for they were designed by God Himself and written in a way that is easy to understand and apply in my life.
Should I decide to withdraw from the unit I am in, I can be easily replaced. I am not indispensable and my shoes can be easily filled. It is an honor to be a part of this noble family, not a disgrace or drudgery. It is a high calling, and one that I should not take lightly.
Since I am not the Commander, it is not my job to correct, change, or manipulate other soldiers. That is the job of the Commander. When I attempt to correct other people that are not under my authority, I create confusion in the ranks and I take my attention away from my own responsibilities and areas in which I need to change.
In a society that values aggressive pursuit of accomplishments and position, acquiescence to this system appears weak. But it is not weak. It is a person of character and strength who finds pleasure in accepting his place in the Kingdom and pleasing his King with devoted service. Anyone can chafe against this mentality, because rebellion to authority is rooted deep in the heart of every human being. It requires nothing out of the ordinary, and it is the easy path most people choose to follow.
Such a dynamic might appear socialistic to some and repressive to others. Yet it is not. This is a theocracy as God originally designed. Before Israel demanded an earthly king – so they could be like the nations that surrounded them – He instituted an arrangement of judges and priests to guide His people. He selected them from among the people, yet – unlike the kings that would rule over them – they were not exalted by the people. They worked harmoniously with God to lead the people and keep them connected to God.
God is a god of precise order. Just look up at the skies one clear, starry night, and you will understand. When my life is properly aligned with God’s design for my life, I am fitting myself into the place in His kingdom where He wants me. It is best that I do not question His design, for He knows better than me where I will be most useful. It is only a recipe for frustration to wish that I were like someone else and doing what they are doing. God knows best. When I truly accept this understanding, peace results. And that is what we all need. Peace with God. Peace within.
No comments:
Post a Comment