Friday, July 29, 2011

The Steepery

Every now and then, Bill and I take a day or an afternoon and go on a date. I know some people probably wonder why we need to do that since we are together all the time. But our home is our office is our workplace. Sometimes it is hard to fully relax when dirty dishes are in the sink or we have a chore to do. 

So, this afternoon Bill took me out to eat, using one of the gift cards he received for his birthday. Then we went to HomeGoods and walked out with all of our money still in our pockets...always a good thing. 

But we did give a little dough to Kowalski's, a gourmet grocery store. Bill loves to poke around places like that. After he purchased olives, chicken wings, and one mango (I know...it's a strange combination), we went to the Steepery. 

Think Starbucks or Caribou Coffee, only tea. It's a great place for coffee-hating people like us. Mostly natural and organic (though I'm not too sure about the non-dairy creamer they use), this is a great place. Basically, the customer creates his/her own tea blend. I had a green tea smoothie with lavender. Bill went for the lemon-blueberry. 

Maybe people will see the light and trade in their coffee for a better beverage. Then the Steepery can give Starbucks a terrestrial run for their money. 

After a stop in Borders, which is going out of business, we headed back home. It was a great day. The kind of day that helps marriages grow strong. Making memories, sharing pasta and tasting tea together. With God in the center, it doesn't get better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment