Saturday, November 23, 2024

Jesus: "The ROOT and the OFFSPRING"

JESUS AND ABRAHAM

Jesus was both “the son of Abraham” and “before Abraham.”

 

Matthew 1:1 - “The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.”

John 8:58 - “Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.”

 

JESUS AND DAVID

Jesus is both “the son of David” and “the root…of David.”

Jesus is both “the root and the offspring of David.”

 

Matthew 1:1 - “The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.” 

Revelation 22:16 – “I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.”


  • Jesus was human and divine (John 1:14; Colossians 2:9).

  • In His humanity, Jesus was a descendant of Abraham and David.

  • In His divinity, Jesus existed prior to Abraham and David.

There is only one God. The God of the Old Testament is Jesus of the New Testament! 

No comments:

Post a Comment