Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Favor

I love living for Jesus. I am not doing Him a favor by living for Him. He is doing me a favor by allowing me to know Him, to experience Him, and to live for Him. 

He is God all by Himself. He is self sufficient. He is the only one who is self sufficient. He does not need me in order to be complete but I need Him in order to be complete.

This type of mentality goes hand-in-hand with gratitude. If I felt like I was doing God a favor by giving Him my life and living for Him, I would be egocentric and unappreciative. But when I realize that He is the one extending favor to me, it causes me to be grateful. It reminds me that He alone is God and deserving of all glory and honor and praise.  

No comments:

Post a Comment