Wednesday, September 17, 2014

7 Good Reasons to Ditch Worry

#1. Worry is a waste of time. 
Why waste precious moments of our lives worrying - often about things that are completely unwarranted - when we can enjoy a life of simple, childlike faith and trust?

#2. Worry produces anxiety. 
Corrie ten Boon wrote, "Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength." Anxiety is a peace-thief. Ask God to help you rest in Him.

#3. Worry is not a virtue
I have never noticed Worry nestled among the lists of the Gifts or the Fruit of the Spirit. Yet, some people think their official job in the Church is to worry. Some people take this approach: “Other people can pray and trust in God. I’ll do all the worrying.” There is nothing virtuous, holy, or godly about worrying.

#4. Worry does not work.
Worry does not get the job done. It only interferes with our effectiveness. 
        
#5.  Worry is not of God
Worry comes from a desire to control. Desire for control has its root in insecurity and fear. II Timothy 1:7 tells us, “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” If we have the spirit of fear, it is not God that has given it to us. Allow the love of God to work in your life and replace your fear with trust.

#6. Worry is disguised doubt
It is impossible to worry and have faith at the same time. If you doubt and worry, you’ll be anxious. If you place your faith and trust in God, you’ll have peace. Doubt and worry do not please God; faith pleases God (Hebrews 11:6).


#7. Worry presupposes things that rarely happen.  
Someone said, “I know worrying works because almost everything I worry about never happens.” Worry preys on our imagination. Its fertile ground is the “What Ifs?” that rarely materialize. The older I get, the more I realize that, when you live for God, things have a way of working out. At times I have found myself a bundle of nerves, way too uptight about situations that eventually work out just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment