Friday, October 25, 2013

First Friday


Today - Friday - we went to the 12:00 International Service in Amman at 12:00 p.m. The International Service is quite diverse. A Filipino domestic worker sits beside a Nigerian embassy worker, who is across the aisle from a Brit or American. We all worship God together and partake of the same Spirit!

We greeted the people but Bill did not preach. (We are getting a little break as we transition into our responsibilities.) Jean Saad taught a beautifully-presented message about submission. It was exciting to see people who we remember from our stay in Jordan in 2009-2010 and to also meet newcomers.

At 4:30, we traveled to Zarqa, where Bill taught in a house church with an Arabic translator.  During the Arabic singing, we could feel the presence of the Lord. This house church is a new work and we had not yet met these Arab Christians. Sitting on the couch, listening to the Arabic singing, I felt such love for these people. I know that it is a love God has put in my heart. I am so happy to be here among these precious people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment