I have been neglecting my blog, but all for a good reason. I am at the countdown stage of a new book. A couple of times I have called this book my third baby. Anyone who has ever written a book will understand firsthand what I mean. Bookwriting is like a gestational period. When the baby is about to be born, it is exciting but it is also a critical time when Mom is really careful and the doctor is extra-watchful.
My third book now has a name: Walking Ancient Paths - Gleanings from the Holy Land. If all goes as planned, it will be "born" in about six weeks. This will be Book 1 in a series, Lord willing. It will not be a long book. It seems like my "babies" are being born shorter and shorter! The first was 445 pages, the second was 200 pages, and the third will be 144 pages.
If you follow my blog regularly, you know that I have posted quite a few articles about biblically-related sites, experiences, and analogies that I gleaned during our last two AIM appointments to the Middle East. This new book will closely follow the genre of those blogs. If people enjoy reading it half as much as I have enjoyed researching and writing it, then everybody will be happy.
Unlike a real live baby, though, this one shouldn't keep me awake at night after it is born!
No comments:
Post a Comment